There are many fine calendars representing various events of Albion Michigan and Albion College. Here we have selected some big events and consolidated them into one Google Calendar for Albion events that you can sync to your phone. There is also a list below of the biggest official calendars for Albion so you can conveniently access them all from this one page.
This is the Google Calendar that matches the General Guide printed edition. General Guides lists general times and dates for big community events. Times and places are subject to change. Please verify each item before you make plans. The Google Calendar at GeneralGuide.net here has links to more official information for each item shown for your convenience. You may click thru to official information for each event shown for more official information.
If you have trouble seeing the calendar or if the box is gray, here is a direct link to a bigger version: http://bit.ly/albionmichtourism
Background information about the Albion calendar above
This calendar began with a few events that are related to Albion College events that might be of interest to those who are visiting Albion. Now we are listing all big Albion events that might attract tourism.
- Albion e-Calendar for community events (post your events here!)
- Albion Big Read Events – includes other community family oriented events – especially during October each year!
- City of Albion News and Announcements – includes pdf fliers of upcoming events. Includes MDOT updates, Community Planning Councils, Recycling hours, for the current week
- City of Albion list of regular meetings
- City of Albion Calendar of Recreational Events such as Open Walking
- Marshall Public Schools Academic Calendar
- Marshall Public Schools Sports (GoMarshallRedHawks.com)
- Greater Albion Chamber of Commerce Calendar (Currently not operating)
- Bohm Theatre – see different pages for movies, music, and live events
- SwinginAtTheShell.com/ Free concerts by top area performers at the lovely Victory Park bandshell. Mostly in August but also some in July and September
- AMRCP – Albion-Marshall Resilient Communities Project – The Common Thread – calendar of upcoming events – amrcp.org/category/events/
- Kellogg Community College Calendar of events – http://www.kellogg.edu/events-calendar/
Official Calendars of Albion College
- Albion College Academic Calendar
- Albion College Calendar of Monthly Events
- MUSIC – Upcoming concerts at Albion College Page.
- MUSIC – Albion College Music Department Special Events page.
- Albion College Theatre Upcoming Events
- Albion College Sports
- Equestrian Center schedule of big events
- Summer Sports Camps at Albion College
(Please post YOUR events to the Albion e-calendar, see link above) To sync the Albion Tourism Events Calendar with your own calendar, click the Google+ link in the lower right of the calendar below.
See also the calendar that has more Calhoun County events on MarshallMich.net
Clues to using the Albion Google Calendar.
Anyone can see the calendar.
To sync the calendar to your own digital calendar, click the Google+ button in the lower right corner.
You will have the option to include other calendars that are shown here:
- Earth events, such as the Equinox,
- National Holidays (these might already be on your calendar),
- National Observances (think St. Patrick’s Day)
- and more.
- We will add information on how to include weather soon.
To get your own digital calendar so you can start to plan your own schedule the new way, we suggest Google calendars. First, create a gmail account and log in to that. Google calendars are based on the web, unlike Outlook and iCalendar, that are more resource intensive. They can be grouped together like the calendar above.
You can create a free Google Calendar for your own organization complete with annual repeating events and links to the best information on your website like we have done here. It’s a good idea to create a complete calendar, but also a “LITE” version with a few really big events so people don’t turn off your calendar with too many dates.
An example would be a Google Calendar for College Theatre Events, College Sports events, College Music events, and one combined. The pieces all work together.
Others can then sync to your calendar and we will post community-wide calendars here with directions. Later we will post links to the best information on how to create and sync calendars. It isn’t that difficult if you follow the directions. It was FINDING the directions that was a bit hard.
We will be posting more info on how you can sync this calendar, and others, to your own google calendar, and other calendars such as Outlook. For apple devices, consider getting the app Sunrise, that is the only iOS app that is currently pushing for the Google calendar platform. The benefits of Google calendar is that it is web-based and cross-platform, no additional apps needed works on iphones and android devices also.
See more prints of Albion by the creator of this website. http://michiganprints.com/albion.shtml
Cards and prints of Albion are available at Pure Albion store in downtown Albion.
There are a variety of cards including Michigan landmarks at Jolly Green Junction: http://jollygreenjunction.net/
Eastend Studio & Gallery of Marshall (around the corner from Schulers) has the biggest line of Michigan Prints and Cards:
See more history of Albion on the old version of this website:
The Historical Notebook by Frank Passic.
See the earlier version of this website, since 1996.
Please thank our sponsors for their support of our work:
Contact us about getting your business listed on this page that supports the arts and trails in Mid Michigan.
Thank you for stopping by.