The Google General Guide calendar shows many repeating events such as the Albion City Council meetings, Festival of the Forks, and Blues at the Bohm. We are also posting events that are shown on the General Guide.
Each event has more information a link to the official website that sponsors the event. Just click on the name of the event to get more information.
There are also many news items posted to the News page – see the tab in the top menu. The News pages stream news from several local public Facebook pages.
The calendar here at AlbionMich.net shows new important dates such as Community Conversations, hosted virtually by Summit Pointe, Community Table Food Distribution. More links are below about those new resources that also have dates associated with them.
The Free COVID -19 testing is listed on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Due to restrictions by the calendar provider, the description of the event is just “Free Testing.” Click through to the official links to learn more, or see this post: http://albionmich.net/covid_testing_2020/
Sync Friendly Calendar
This calendar can also be synced with the calendar on your device for easy access to things happening in Albion. This calendar is also offered for any organization who would like to sync with their own events and embed on their website. Check below for lots more Albion calendars.
The calendar above links each event to the official source so you can verify each item before you – make plans. Times and places are subject to change. Please
If you have trouble seeing the calendar or if the box is gray, here is a direct link to a bigger version: http://bit.ly/albionmichtourism
- Community Table of Albion – Albion’s new food distribution
- Farmer’s Market Albion – official website
- Farmer’s Market Albion – official Facebook page
- Area Churches Help with Senior Food Delivery
- Sprout Box – fresh food, order online
- Senior Care Partners, P.A.C.E.
- Calhoun County Senior Millage – Learn More
- Area Churches Help with Senior Food Delivery
- MPS Students, we want to hear from you! Please complete the survey below about returning to school this fall. in-seat or distant learning – posted 7/7/20 – closes 7/21/20
- School Closing Links
- Greater Albion Chamber of Commerce calendar – (post your events here!) https://www.greateralbionchamber.org/events/calendar/
- Albion E-Calendar for community events (post your events here!)
- City of Albion News and Announcements – includes pdf fliers of upcoming events. Includes MDOT updates, Community Planning Councils, Recycling hours, for the current week
- City of Albion list of regular meetings
- City of Albion Calendar of Recreational Events such as Open Walking
- Marshall Public Schools Academic Calendar
- Marshall Public Schools Sports (GoMarshallRedHawks.com)
- Bohm Theatre – see different pages for movies, music, and live events
- SwinginAtTheShell.com – Free concerts by top area performers at the lovely Victory Park bandshell. Mostly in August but also some in July and September. For 2020 be sure to look for their suggested social distancing rules to decide best practices.
- Kellogg Community College Calendar of events – http://www.kellogg.edu/events-calendar/
- Albion Big Read Events – includes other community family-oriented events – especially during October each year!
Official Calendars of Albion College
- Albion College Academic Calendar
- Albion College Calendar of Monthly Events
- MUSIC – Upcoming concerts at Albion College Page.
- MUSIC – Albion College Music Department Special Events page.
- Albion College Theatre Upcoming Events
- Albion College Sports
- Equestrian Center schedule of big events
- Summer Sports Camps at Albion College
(Please post YOUR events to the Albion e-calendar, see link above) To sync the Albion Tourism Events Calendar with your own calendar, click the Google+ link in the lower right of the calendar below.
See also the calendar that has more Calhoun County events on MarshallMich.net
Clues to using the Albion Google Calendar.
Anyone can see the calendar.
To sync the calendar to your own digital calendar, click the Google+ button in the lower right corner.
You will have the option to include other calendars that are shown here:
- Earth events, such as the Equinox,
- National Holidays (these might already be on your calendar),
- National Observances (think St. Patrick’s Day)
- and more.
- We will add information on how to include the weather soon.
More about Creating Calendars
To get your own digital calendar so you can start to plan your own schedule the new way, we suggest Google calendars. First, create a Gmail account and log in to that. Google calendars are based on the web, unlike Outlook and iCalendar, that are more resource intensive. They can be grouped together like the calendar above.
Then, after you have a Gmail account, you can create a free Google Calendar for your own organization complete with annual repeating events and links to the best information on your website like we have done here. It’s a good idea to create a complete calendar, but also a “LITE” version with a few really big events so people don’t turn off your calendar with too many dates.
An example would be a Google Calendar for College Theatre Events, College Sports events, College Music events, and one combined. The pieces all work together.
Helping Albion to Coordinate Calendars
Others can then sync to your calendar and we will post community-wide calendars here with directions. Later we will post links to the best information on how to create and sync calendars. It isn’t that difficult if you follow the directions. It was FINDING the directions that was a bit hard.
We will be posting more info on how you can sync this calendar, and others, to your own google calendar, and other calendars such as Outlook. For apple devices, consider getting the app Sunrise, that is the only iOS app that is currently pushing for the Google calendar platform. The benefits of Google calendar is that it is web-based and cross-platform, no additional apps needed works on iphones and android devices also.
Help Others to Find Your Calendar
Just link to this page: albionmich.net/calendar
Contact Us – any group that is listed on Albion E-Calendar will also have its calendar listed here.
Albion College, Kellogg Community College, and Marshall Public Schools Partner to Expand Regional Workforce Development