Your organization has events to share with Albion. What is the best way to do this? Resources for writing a press release and local media sources are listed here:
To set up a calendar that can be synced with the calendar on the General Guide, follow these tips:
- Use Google Calendars – they are the most universal and can easily be merged with calendars in personal devices.
- Set up repeating events. An annual event often has a repeating pattern such as the Saturday before Father’s Day, or the 3rd full weekend of September. Using those patterns, the event can be set to repeat using Google calendars features. This makes the task of updates much simpler.
- Set up a central web page for each event. Annual events with guest speakers often have a theme, and a namesake. The central page for this event can link out to past years speakers and historical information. This page becomes the headquarters for the event. From here, link to the Facebook page for the overall event, it is another central headquarters. That page will allow for yearly event posts and things will stay organized.
- From the organization’s Google calendar – set up boilerplate text and link to these central pages for each event. Use the repeating pattern to get them to post automatically, but include a disclaimer to click thru for the most up to date information. To create a link in the Google calendar, use the link button in the ribbon above the event information. With a little practice the standardized calendars using these universal tips can be synced together.
- To share the link to your organizations calendar, click here to contact this page: http://albionmich.net/business_listing_info/ Also consider supporting the work on this page so we are able to share more about what makes Albion a great place to Live, Work and Play.