#GivingTuesdayNow #SupportAlbion – May 5, 2020
We’ve gotten into the habit of Tuesdays being “Take-out Tuesday,” but this Tuesday is also Giving Tuesday.
Typically Giving Tuesday is the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, but due to hardships that have fallen upon many nonprofits in the time of coronavirus, it’s happening again now.
We have assembled some links to local non-profits who are affected by the coronavirus pandemic and some who are helping with the pandemic either locally or worldwide.
Give to the Albion-Homer United Way here: https://www.albionhomeruw.org/
Bohm Theatre – become a member today – show your support! https://bohmtheatre.org/support/friends-of-the-bohm/
already a member? Give a little more love here: https://bohmtheatre.org/support/donate/
Albion College has helped the community of Albion to turn around. Give now to help the college by clicking the image above or by clicking this link:
Starr Commonwealth – has virtual therapy sessions for those in the Marshall Albion area who need to talk due to the coronavirus pandemic. Call 248-308-4591. To give to Starr – click the image above or click here: https://starr.org/give-now/
South Michigan Food Bank provides the Helping Hands Food Boxes from the Albion Food Hub three times a week. Visit the Albion Google calendar for days, times and more info. Click the image above or the link below to donate:
Oaklawn Hospital is dealing directly with coronavirus cases in the Albion Marshall area. They also have an express care clinic in Albion. Click the image above or this link to donate: https://oaklawnhospital.org/donate/
The Red Cross helps worldwide for many types of emergencies. Give directly to them for giving Tuesday Now by clicking the image above – or this link: https://www.redcross.org/donate/giving-tuesday-now.html/
Kids ‘N’ Stuff is Albion’s #1 tourist attraction! Except for now it can not be open. It still needs your support. Give here:
Ismon House – a favorite venue for special events. Closed for now, but can use your support still – look for the donate button on their website.
The first-ever Giving Tuesday Now is Tuesday, May 5, 2020
Click the image above, or here to learn more about Giving Tuesday! https://www.givingtuesday.org/
See information from this website about the original Giving Tuesday that started in 2012.
We can volunteer, share our talents, and contribute financial resources to our community in many ways. Details of the Giving Issue photo art will be posted online including these topics: #GivingTuesday
What is Giving Tuesday?
We know about
- Black Friday
- Small Business Saturday
- Cyber Monday
Giving Tuesday was started in 2012 by the 92nd Street Y and the United Nations Foundation as a response to the commercialization and consumerism in the post-Thanksgiving season (Black Friday and Cyber Monday).
But what is Giving Tuesday in Albion? The Giving Tuesday woven heart logo is remodeled here with Albion events and opportunities that were made possible by gifts large and small.
General Guide – Issue XXXIII is the Giving Edition, which is sponsored by Albion Community Foundation.
- Learn about giving to Albion Community Foundation by visiting their website AlbionFoundation.org
- Give online to Albion Community Foundation with their online giving form
- See more current information about Albion Community Foundation on their Facebook page.
The topics here are examples of programs that are helped with your donations.
- I Can Make It summer camp scholarships
- Free Community Movies and events at the Bohm Theatre
- Swingin’ at the Shell summer music series at Victory Park
- Davis Athletic Complex, Albion College and Giving Tuesday at Albion College.
- The Connector Bus, providing transportation between Albion and Marshall
- Albion Farmer’s Market (the indoor markets begin in November for both Albion and Marshall. They are featured in the General Guide.)
- Albion Branch NAACP’s Back-to-School Stay-in-School Backpack Giveaway at Harrington School – http://albionmich.net/harrington-naacp-backpack-giveaway/
- Holland Park Transformation – the new playground
- Build Albion Fellows – Learn more about the Build Albion Fellows by clicking here
- Citizens to Beautify Albion – see information about the Citizens to Beautify Albion
- Dolly Parton Imagination Library
- Holland Park Transformation – including History Hill
posts about Black History in Albion –
Facebook page http://Hollandparktransformation.com
- Albion District Library – https://www.albionlibrary.org/
- Kids ‘N’ Stuff – http://www.kidsnstuff.org/
- Bohm Theatre – at the Davis Center for Film and the Performing Arts