We can volunteer, share our talents, and contribute financial resources to our community in many ways. Details of the Giving Issue photo art will be posted online including these topics: #GivingTuesday
What is Giving Tuesday?
We know about
- Black Friday
- Small Business Saturday
- Cyber Monday
Giving Tuesday was started in 2012 by the 92nd Street Y and the United Nations Foundation as a response to the commercialization and consumerism in the post-Thanksgiving season (Black Friday and Cyber Monday).
But what is Giving Tuesday in Albion? The Giving Tuesday woven heart logo is remodeled here with Albion events and opportunities that were made possible by gifts large and small.
General Guide – Issue XXXIII is the Giving Edition, which is sponsored by Albion Community Foundation.
- Learn about giving to Albion Community Foundation by visiting their website AlbionFoundation.org
- Give online to Albion Community Foundation with their online giving form
- See more current information about Albion Community Foundation on their Facebook page.
The topics here are examples of programs that are helped with your donations.
- I Can Make It summer camp scholarships
- Free Community Movies and events at the Bohm Theatre
- Swingin’ at the Shell summer music series at Victory Park
- Davis Athletic Complex, Albion College and Giving Tuesday at Albion College.
- The Connector Bus, providing transportation between Albion and Marshall
- Albion Farmer’s Market (the indoor markets begin in November for both Albion and Marshall. They are featured in the General Guide.)
- Albion Branch NAACP’s Back-to-School Stay-in-School Backpack Giveaway at Harrington School – http://albionmich.net/harrington-naacp-backpack-giveaway/
- Holland Park Transformation – the new playground
- Build Albion Fellows – Learn more about the Build Albion Fellows by clicking here
- Citizens to Beautify Albion – see information about the Citizens to Beautify Albion
- Dolly Parton Imagination Library
- Holland Park Transformation – including History Hill
posts about Black History in Albion –
Facebook page http://Hollandparktransformation.com
- Albion District Library – https://www.albionlibrary.org/
- Kids ‘N’ Stuff – http://www.kidsnstuff.org/
- Bohm Theatre – at the Davis Center for Film and the Performing Arts