What is Giving Tuesday?
We know about
- Black Friday
- Small Business Saturday
- Cyber Monday
Giving Tuesday was started in 2012 by the 92nd Street Y and the United Nations Foundation as a response to the commercialization and consumerism in the post-Thanksgiving season (Black Friday and Cyber Monday).
But what is Giving Tuesday in Albion? The Giving Tuesday woven heart logo is remodeled here with Albion events and opportunities that were made possible by gifts large and small.
General Guide – Issue XXVII is the Giving Edition, which is sponsored by Albion Community Foundation and Marshall Community Foundation.
- Learn about giving to Albion Community Foundation by visiting their website AlbionFoundation.org
- Give online to Albion Community Foundation with their online giving form
- See more current information about Albion Community Foundation on their Facebook page.
The topics here will be covered with more photos and posts in the coming month. Starting at the left and moving clockwise are:
- I Can Make It summer camp scholarships
- Free Community Movies and events at the Bohm Theatre
- Swingin’ at the Shell summer music series at Victory Park
- Davis Athletic Complex, Albion College and Giving Tuesday at Albion College.
- The Connector Bus, providing transportation between Albion and Marshall
- Albion Farmer’s Market (the indoor markets begin in November for both Albion and Marshall. They are featured in the General Guide.)
- Albion Branch NAACP’s Back-to-School Stay-in-School Backpack Giveaway at Harrington School
- Holland Park Transformation – the new playground