Residents of Albion, MI care about knowing the city’s leaders. On Friday, September 19, 2020, a new round of candidates running for public office in Albion stepped up to the stage at the Victory Park bandshell to share their background and platform.
The event – Flash Friday Forum, sponsored by Albion Design & Marketing, was organized to allow residents to hear directly from all the candidates in one place.
Every candidate for Albion’s City Council and Mayoral races was invited to speak for three minutes each.
See the videos below to hear each candidate for yourself.
The current Precinct 1 councilperson Vicky Clark is running unopposed.
She speaks at the Flash Friday Forum about her experience on the Council.
Above – Nora Jackson – Precinct 3 Candidate
Above – Al Smith – current Precinct 3 councilperson and candidate for the next term
Above – Wayne Arnold – Precinct 3 Candidate
Above – Marcola Lawler – current Precinct 4 councilperson and candidate for the next term
Above – Vivian Davis – Precinct 5 Candidate
Above – Dave Atchison – current Mayor of Albion and candidate for the next term
Above – Joedy Brown- Mayoral Candidate
Above – Victoria Garcia-Snyder, Mayoral Candidate
Mayor Candidates Tables
Music from Steve Berkemeier
Growing up the youngest of nine children, Steve Berkemeier was exposed to a wide variety of music that has had a lasting influence on him as a singer, songwriter and performer. It was during the seventies, when singer/songwriters dominated radio airwaves, that Berkemeier first learned to play the guitar. He formed a number of bands at home in Michigan and while attending the University of Dayton in Ohio and worked as a disc jockey at an oldies station after graduating.
Eventually, Berkemeier settled in as a solo act, performing on the six and twelve string guitar. “I was always impressed by performers like John Denver, James Taylor and Harry Chapin, who could entertain audiences with just their voice and guitar, and I realized that was what I wanted to do” Berkemeier says. https://berkemeiers.wixsite.com/steve-berkemeier/bio
Ronnie Sims, Emcee and Entertainer
Sound and technical support from Dickerson Music Co. Flash Friday Forum was made possible because of the help from Kelly Kidder, not only with the setup but with tech support throughout the event. Visit
Dennis Reid, Grill Master. His business is called the Wonder Wagon. He is on hand for many events in Albion, bringing food that warms the heart.
Voting Links for Calhoun County
- Battle Creek Enquirer – lists all Albion Candidates for City Council with their profiles – https://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/story/news/2020/10/09/albion-city-council-candidates-stability-2020-election/3562086001/
- AdVisor & Chronicle – Sept. 26, 2020 Edition with Election Previews for all local candidates including Marshall School Board – Go to Page 10 –
- Calhoun County Election Links
- League of Women Voters
- Calhoun County Michigan League of Women Voters – Part of the Kalamazoo branch of the League of Women Voters – on Facebook:
- Poll Hero Project – recruiting thousands of college and high school students to be paid poll workers to make the 2020 Election a success. https://www.pollhero.org