Local news feeds for Albion News, Mid Michigan News, Local Entertainment News, and more are now available in the navigation menu above. See posts from today from many local sources.
Click on one of the titles below to get to the local news feed, or use the menu above. Bookmark this page for fast access to local news posts.
The Local News feeds are as follows:
- Albion Michigan News -Includes Albion Public Safety, City of Albion, Greater Albion Chamber of Commerce, Albion College, Albion College student newspaper, and AdVisor.
- Albion Arts News – Includes Albion Arts group, Eastend Studio and Gallery, Schuler Arts, Albion College ARt Galleries, Ken Shenstone, Ann Beyer.
- Entertainment Local News – Includes Blues at the Bohm, Friends of the Bohm, Dickerson Music Co., Albion College Music Department, Swingin’ at the Shell, River Jazz Band, River Jazz Band, and more.
- Healthy News – The Farmer’s Market, Albion Recreation Department, Albion District Library, Drug Free Albion, Substance Abuse Prevention Services, and Holland Park Transformation Project.
- Marshall Schools News – Marshall High School, Marshall Middle School, Marshall Public Schools Board of Education, Marshall Redhawk Athletics, Marshall High School Auditorium for Performing Arts, Marshall PTA.
- National News – CNN, Wall Street Journal, BBC News, USA Today, Fox News, Washington Post, New York Times, LA Times, The Week.
- Mid Michigan TV News Streams – Newschannel 3 WWMT W Mich, WZZM 13 Grand Rapids, WILX News 10, FOX 47 News – WSYM, WOOD TV8, JTV
Things are happening in Albion and sometimes it is good for neighbors to talk with each other. There are discussions on the app Nextdoor about Albion’s city government, services, special events and more.
Anyone can join NextDoor.com, but only people from Albion can see the discussions about Albion. It’s free. This app also helps during times when it is helpful to know who is raking leaves, shoveling snow, who lost their dog, who has lost their power and other neighborhood issues.
Q – Why get involved?
A – So you can get to know your neighbors and make your neighborhood more secure.
Q – How to do this?
A – Talk to them, look out for each other.
- Learn the names of your neighbors nearby.
- Write them down on the chart below, along with their cell phone numbers. (will post chart soon)
- Get to know something about them, a hobby, their kids’ names.
- Join the Albion NextDoor program at NextDoor.com.
- NextDoor will invite your neighbors for you.
- Later, your neighbors may help watch your house when you are away.
- NextDoor.com has other ideas including car pooling, help with missing pets
- Get notices from Albion Public Safety by signing up at Nixle.com [expand title=”See More” swaptitle=”Close”]The Albion Department of Public Safety has partnered with Nixle in order to provide more timely information to the community. By using Nixle ADPS will be able to message the community through a variety of platforms all at the same time. A Nixle message will be posted to the Department’s Facebook page, the Department’s NEW Twitter account, through email and by text alert. You as a recipient can sign up through Nixle and choose the way you receive your messages including 3 different levels of messaging. The three levels are Alert, Advisory and Community. With Nixle, you can choose how you receive each of these message levels. For instance, you can receive Alert messages through text while only getting Advisory and Community messages in your email. You can also chose not to sign up for Nixle and only get the messages on Facebook and/or Twitter. Nixle also allows for anonymous information to be sent to ADPS about incidents and crimes. It is my hope we can provide everyone in the community with timely information to incidents that affect all of us. The command staff at ADPS is dedicated to getting you the information as soon as possible, but at times it will be difficult for officers in the field to take the time to notify the community while actively involved in the incident. We are working to implement the use of Nixle as quickly as possible. The service is active and you can sign up for alerts that will be put out through Nixle effective immediately. The number of messages sent though Nixle will increase as the command staff receives training on the use of Nixle and what information needs to be sent out. I hope everyone finds this service to be helpful and please feel free to provide feedback or ask questions about the service. Please share the information about Nixle with family and friends in Albion who might not otherwise receive this letter.
Chief Scott Kipp[/expand]
- You can also submit an anonymous tip to Albion Public Safety thru Nixle here
- More information is at: AlbionMich.net/general
You can also get Nixle alerts from the Calhoun County Sheriff’s office. These are usually about weather, although there was also an earthquake alert not long ago. These messages might come in a little earlier than the Albion alerts. Here is the page about past Sheriff alerts. You can also text your ZIP CODE to 888777 for mobile alerts as explained on the same link.