Jesse Whitfield, current President of the Albion Branch of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) invited local candidates to create their own short videos to share with Albion voters. She explains in the invitation video that Albion’s Branch of the AAUW typically teams up with the local NAACP group and retired teachers to offer a forum at the local high school. She explains that this year is different so the group is instead offering the Candidates Clips series.
She asked each candidate to create a short video to share their top three priorities and focus areas. She also asked them to share two details about themselves that make them relatable and significant to Albion. We are sharing the videos here also, as requested by Jesse. Below the Candidates Clips, we will share some information about the Albion Branch of the AAUW, and some related information on this website.
Above – Dave Atchison – current Mayor of Albion and candidate for the next term
Above – Victoria Garcia-Snyder, Mayoral Candidate
Above – Joedy Brown- Mayoral Candidate
Above – Vivian Davis – Precinct 5 Candidate
Above – Linda LaNoue – Precinct 5 Candidate
Above – Marcola Lawler – current Precinct 4 councilperson and candidate for the next term
Above – Wayne Arnold – Precinct 4 Candidate
Above – Nora Jackson – Precinct 3 Candidate
Above – Al Smith – current Precinct 3 councilperson and candidate for the next term
The current Precinct 1 councilperson Vicky Clark is running unopposed.
This candidate did yet not submit a clip so we are instead sharing the Flash Friday Forum video.
She speaks at the Flash Friday Forum about her experience on the Council.
Albion Branch of the American Association of University Women
More information About Voting
Posts about other local women groups
by Maggie LaNoue Contributing Writer June 11, 2020 It’s usually a reunion, of sorts. The Albion Area Philanthropic Women (AAPW) meets quarterly to hear both
At their September 2019 meeting, the Albion Area Philanthropic Women agreed to provide funding for the Coca-Cola Mural Restoration project. Below is a video of
Albion Area Philanthropic Women offer support to Albion Food Hub Plans to Offer Special Dinners in Upgraded Dining Area
By Maggie LaNoue Contributing Writer March 19, 2020 A group of about 45 women met at the soon to be opened Senior Care Partners P.A.C.E.
By LINDA KOLMODIN Contributing Writer November 21, 2019 ALBION AREA WOMEN TO TOP HALF MILLION IN GIVING ALBION-It’s “simple” math. Take 100 women. Add
Voting Links for Calhoun County
- Battle Creek Enquirer – lists all Albion Candidates for City Council with their profiles – https://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/story/news/2020/10/09/albion-city-council-candidates-stability-2020-election/3562086001/
- AdVisor & Chronicle – Sept. 26, 2020 Edition with Election Previews for all local candidates including Marshall School Board – Go to Page 10 –
- Calhoun County Election Links
- League of Women Voters
- Calhoun County Michigan League of Women Voters – Part of the Kalamazoo branch of the League of Women Voters – on Facebook:
- Poll Hero Project – recruiting thousands of college and high school students to be paid poll workers to make the 2020 Election a success. https://www.pollhero.org