The Albion Google calendar shows many repeating events such as the Albion City Council meetings, Food Distribution, Festival of the Forks, and Blues at the Bohm. There are also special events of interest to the community and visitors.
The City of Albion links in the Albion Google Calendar below include links to the live meetings and the agenda, just click on the date for the meeting.
Each event has more information a link to the official website that sponsors the event. Just click on the name of the event to get more information.
The Free COVID -19 testing is listed on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Due to restrictions by the calendar provider, the description of the event is just “Free Testing.” Click through to the official links to learn more, or see this post: http://albionmich.net/covid_testing_2020/
Music & Entertainment Calendars for Albion
- Bohm Theatre – Live Music – fee to attend – Upcoming Events on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/musicatthebohm/events
- Swingin’ at the Shell – Free Live Music when weather is nice – usually in the summer, Sunday evenings at 6 until mid -September – Upcoming Events on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Swinginattheshell/events also see listing on this site.
- Albion College Music Events – many are free and in sheltered areas – nice during cooler times, like “Lessons and Carols” for Christmas entertainment https://www.albion.edu/events/category/academic-departments/music-department/
- Greater Albion Chamber of Commerce calendar – Has a lot of music events from local restaurants. (post your events here!) https://www.greateralbionchamber.org/events/calendar/
- Stirling Books & Brew – has several connections with music including Fete de la Musique. Has regular meetings for entertainment with Friday Trivia, and opportunities for engagement with state represenatives on the first Saturday of each month at 1 pm. https://www.facebook.com/StirlingBooks1/events/
- Dickerson Music Co. helps with many music events in Albion. They also have a Blues Workshop on the first or second Saturday of each month at 1:00 p.m. See their events page on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/dickersonmusicco/events
- Greater Albion Chamber of Commerce calendar – (post your events here!) https://www.greateralbionchamber.org/events/calendar/
- City of Albion News and Announcements – includes pdf fliers of upcoming events. Includes MDOT updates, Community Planning Councils, Recycling hours, for the current week
- City of Albion list of regular meetings
- City of Albion basic calendar – (there are more links to City agendas, zoom & youtube links on the Albion Google calendar above) https://www.cityofalbionmi.gov/calendar.php
- Albion E-News – http://albionenews.com/ – subscribe to get daily news about Albion. Very small fee for useful service. Support Local Journalism.
- Albion E-Calendar for community events – not sure if this calendar is being maintained,
- City of Albion Calendar of Recreational Events such as Open Walking
- Marshall Public Schools Academic Calendar
- Marshall Public Schools Sports (GoMarshallRedHawks.com)
- Bohm Theatre – see different pages for movies, music, and live events
- SwinginAtTheShell.com – Free concerts by top area performers at the lovely Victory Park bandshell. Mostly in August but also some in July and September. For 2020 be sure to look for their suggested social distancing rules to decide best practices.
- Kellogg Community College Calendar of events – http://www.kellogg.edu/events-calendar/
- Albion Big Read Events – includes other community family-oriented events – especially during October each year!
Official Calendars of Albion College
- Albion College Events
- Albion College Academic Calendar
- Albion College Music Events
- Albion College Theatre Schedule
- Albion College Sports Events and Camps
- Equestrian Center schedule of big events
To sync the Albion Tourism Events Calendar with your own calendar, click the Google+ link in the lower right of the calendar below.
See also the calendar that has more Calhoun County events on MarshallMich.net
Clues to using the Albion Google Calendar.
Anyone can see the calendar.
To sync the calendar to your own digital calendar, click the Google+ button in the lower right corner.
You will have the option to include other calendars that are shown here:
- Earth events, such as the Equinox,
- National Holidays (these might already be on your calendar),
- National Observances (think St. Patrick’s Day)
- and more.
- We will add information on how to include the weather soon.
More about Creating Calendars
To get your own digital calendar so you can start to plan your own schedule the new way, we suggest Google calendars. First, create a Gmail account and log in to that. Google calendars are based on the web, unlike Outlook and iCalendar, that are more resource intensive. They can be grouped together like the calendar above.
Then, after you have a Gmail account, you can create a free Google Calendar for your own organization complete with annual repeating events and links to the best information on your website like we have done here. It’s a good idea to create a complete calendar, but also a “LITE” version with a few really big events so people don’t turn off your calendar with too many dates.
An example would be a Google Calendar for College Theatre Events, College Sports events, College Music events, and one combined. The pieces all work together.
Helping Albion to Coordinate Calendars
Others can then sync to your calendar and we will post community-wide calendars here with directions. Later we will post links to the best information on how to create and sync calendars. It isn’t that difficult if you follow the directions. It was FINDING the directions that was a bit hard.
We will be posting more info on how you can sync this calendar, and others, to your own google calendar, and other calendars such as Outlook. For apple devices, consider getting the app Sunrise, that is the only iOS app that is currently pushing for the Google calendar platform. The benefits of Google calendar is that it is web-based and cross-platform, no additional apps needed works on iphones and android devices also.
Help Others to Find Your Calendar
Just link to this page: albionmich.net/calendar
Contact Us – any group that is listed on Albion E-Calendar will also have its calendar listed here.