This is the Google Calendar that matches the General Guide printed edition. General Guides lists general times and dates for big community events. Times and places are subject to change. Please verify each item before you make plans. The Google Calendar at GeneralGuide.net will have links to more official information for each item shown for your convenience. You may click thru to official information for each event shown for more official information.
If you have trouble seeing the calendar or if the box is gray, here is a direct link to a bigger version: http://bit.ly/albionmichtourism
There are some corrections to the print version of the General Guide XXIV printed calendars.
- Stirling Books & Brew has delayed their opening due to an accident with one of the owners. Watch for posts on this page with progress and more information.
- The War & Treaty film “Down to the River” film will be on Wednesday May 24 at the Bohm Theatre. See them on Facebook.
- Important! – Marshall Public Schools– the last day of school is Tuesday June 13, 2017.
See also the calendar that has more Calhoun County events on MarshallMich.net
Background information about the Albion calendar above
This calendar began with a few events that are related to Cascarelli’s of Albion, Albion Heritage, and a few Albion College events that might be of interest to those who are visiting Albion. Now we are syncing with all events listed in the printed General Guide to Albion. There is also a website with links to more information about the events listed.
- Albion e-Calendar for community events (post your events here!)
- MUSIC – Upcoming concerts at Albion College Page.
- MUSIC – Albion College Music Department Special Events page.
- Albion College Academic Calendar
- Albion College Sports
- Marshall Public Schools Academic Calendar
- Marshall Public Schools Sports (GoMarshallRedHawks.com)
- Greater Albion Chamber of Commerce Calendar (works best on desktop computers or Android phones with the appropriate Outlook ap.
- Bohm Theatre – see different pages for movies, music and live events
- SwinginAtTheShell.com/ Free concerts by top area performers at the lovely Victory Park bandshell. Mostly in August but also some in July and September
(Please post YOUR events to the Albion e-calendar, see link above) To sync the Albion Tourism Events Calendar with your own calendar, click the Google+ link in the lower right of the calendar below.
Clues to using the Albion Google Calendar.
Anyone can see the calendar.
To sync the calendar to your own digital calendar, click the Google+ button in the lower right corner.
You will have the option to include other calendars that are shown here:
- Earth events, such as the Equinox,
- National Holidays (these might already be on your calendar),
- National Observances (think St. Patrick’s Day)
- and more.
- We will add information on how to include weather soon.
To get your own digital calendar so you can start to plan your own schedule the new way, we suggest Google calendars. First create a gmail account and log in to that. Google calendars are based in the web, unlike Outlook and iCalendar, that are more resource intensive. They can be grouped together like the calendar above.
You can create a free Google Calendar for your own organization complete with annual repeating events and links to the best information on your website like we have done here. It’s a good idea to create a complete calendar, but also a “LITE” version with a few really big events so people don’t turn off your calendar with too many dates.
An example would be a Google Calendar for College Theatre Events, College Sports events, College Music events, and one combined. The pieces all work together.
Others can then sync to your calendar and we will post community wide calendars here with directions. Later we will post links to the best information on how to create and sync calendars. It isn’t that difficult, if you follow the directions. It was FINDING the directions that was a bit hard.
We will be posting more info on how you can sync this calendar, and others, to your own google calendar, and other calendars such as Outlook. For apple devices, consider getting the app Sunrise, that is the only iOS app that is currently pushing for the Google calendar platform. The benefits of Google calendar is that it is web based and cross platform, no additional apps needed works on iphones and android devices also.