Issue XXVI of the General Guide is sponsored by Albion College, which is continuing to invest in the community of Albion. Some exciting markers of momentum from Albion College and it’s alumni include:
- The renovation of 101 N. Superior Street into the Ludington Center
- New Courtyard by Marriott Hotel nearing completion across from the Bohm Theatre
- Peabody Project – renovating the corner of Superior and Erie St., the Peabody will include two commercial spaces and four apartments
- Revitalization of the Cass St. corridor between the college and downtown, made possible with the Harrington Project
- Albion Malleable Brewing Company, at 420 S. Superior St. will start off with a small kitchen, selling the beers it brews; but they are already looking towards a future wine license to make ciders (Source: https://www.albionpleiad.com/2016/09/albions-first-microbrewery-on-its-way/)
Be on the lookout for more stores “popping up” downtown, like the Green Scene next door to Stirling Books & Brew, which opened on November 15 and will be there until after the holidays.