The best information about Black History in Albion can be found on the new website: http://albionwestward.net/
There is also a great article about Albion schools integration at Michigan Humanities Council: http://www.michiganhumanities.org/albions-west-ward-school-from-segregation-to-civil-rights/
Another in depth look at the history behind Albion Schools can be found at Place Promo:
Current information about Holland Park Transformation can be found on their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/hollandparktransformation/
From the Historical Notebook – West Ward School
Below are some posts from this website related to Albion Black History.
- Mother’s Day in Albion
- Mother’s Day History
- Labor Day Albion – Tour of History Hill in Holland Park
- Black History Month Albion 2019
- Juneteenth Celebration in Albion
- Why is February called Black History Month?
- MLK events in Albion Michigan
- Grand Street Park and Mural in Marshall
- Civil Rights Monuments and Sculptures in Michigan and Canada
- General Guide – February 2017